Thursday 29 March 2007

The Attack of the Binge Monster



"Well the jeans zipped up now but Blythe had the lesser-known 'muffin-top' hair phenomenon"



Week 8 Post-Op

Howdy guys. What’s the skinny then? Not a lot this week. I had a terrible weekend with some particularly chaotic eating. I have to admit I had a couple of binges. No idea why and, not only did I feel terrible, but Jack was as mad as hell when he found out. I’m deliberately only buying ‘treats’ for Jack that I won’t be tempted by. For example, Battenberg because I loathe marzipan, anything that has a coffee / cappuccino flavour because I can’t bear coffee, and anything that has a cherry or apricot flavour.



They had an offer on in M&S for Swiss Roll type cakes, 2 for £2, so I bought the cappuccino one and the apricot one for Jack. Yup, you’ve guessed it, I ate the WHOLE apricot one in about an hour. I don’t even bloody like it and I ate it in a particularly sneaky way. My plan was to buy another before Jack realised I had scoffed that one. But, alas, I was discovered. Why didn’t he want a slice of the cappuccino one? Typical. As you can imagine I was mortified and he was “disappointed in me”. Not nearly as disappointed in me as I was. I really struggle with this some days. I know that it is will-power alone keeping me on the ‘straight and narrow’ but the will-power seems to be disappearing at the moment. The other thing is that ‘junk’ food goes down so much easier than anything else … bugger. Not the lesson I needed to learn.

Anyhow, that was Monday and I have managed to get back on track again. I have had an awful headache for the past 24 hours and generally feel under the weather. I am making myself walk though – even if I feel rough. I always seem to feel better by the time that I come back, except for today when I realised I had stepped in the biggest pile of dog poo. To cheer myself up I decided to try on some old clothes to see if anything would fit. I am as pleased as punch that I can get into my size 16 ‘Long and Lean’ jeans. 'Long and Lean' - sounds like bacon. For me they should be called 'Short and Fat' jeans, lol. To be fair they have an awful lot of Lycra in them. Gawd bless Lycra :) So I am wearing them as I type. Ok, I can barely breathe and I have a muffin top that wouldn’t look out of place in a bakery. But the tightness kind of feels reassuring; it is reminding me that I mustn’t eat whole Swiss Rolls.

I see the consultant tomorrow about my first fill. Fingers crossed it will be soon.

Onwards and downwards.

No comments: