Sunday 29 April 2007

I'm Back



"Blythe was impressed by the penthouse apartment"




Week 12 - Post Hen Weekend

Weight: 12stone 7lbs
Weight Lost: 3stone 10lbs

I am still alive after my biggest challenge so far, my good friend’s hen weekend. I’ve only lost a pound this week but, frankly I am impressed that I have lost even that :) I was soooo anxious about it that I will admit that I had a 3 day blip, starting on Thursday night, reaching it’s climax on Friday day and then, had a jolly good munch at the hen weekend. Despite my restriction I still managed to ‘eat around the band’ with a tonne of crapola and plenty of fluids to wash it through … why, oh why, oh why?

I was so nervous about making a spectacle of myself by getting food stuck and people finding out about the band that I went into a full-on binge mode. I’m not going to dwell on it but, at least I understand why it happened and, perhaps, I will be able to cope a little better next time round.

The hen weekend was brilliant; we rented a penthouse apartment on the waterfront in Bristol. On Saturday we went to the Thermae Spa in Bath. I was so glad I was slimmer as I was able to relax so much more at the Spa than I would have done this time last year. We went out in the evening and I did get a little trouble with my restriction. We had a set menu which was a bit of a bugger but, I managed a little starter (red pepper humus and a sweetcorn fritter), got a bit of main course down me to avoid suspicion ( 1/6 home-made hamburger with about 4 chips) but, I was defeated by the pudding. It was a chocolate fondue with strawberries, banana, meringue and marshmallows. What was the demon food that nobbled me? A bloody marshmallow!!! I was only a slimer for about 5 minutes until the marshmallow eventually took its encore and I was okay. I’d also had a problem at lunch with lentil salad but, that was at the apartment, so more easily covered.

But I survived. I only had to explain myself to 1 friend and she was totally supportive, thank heavens. Now I just need to get back on track for the wedding in 2 weeks. I am on annual leave tomorrow so I’m going shopping for my outfit. Something that I am looking forward to which is a first :)


Onwards and downwards.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sleepy
Well done with your hen weekend attempts. I organised my best friend's hen night this weekend and sat there miserably as I watched everyone else munch and drink away happily, however, I'm sure I have lost quite a bit of weight since fill on Wed (I bloody hate soup!!). May even weigh myself at the gym tonight.
Your 'real achievement' blog has just led to me shedding a few tears when you were talking about your chap. You wrote it with such loving sentiment - hang onto him he sounds like a good'un!!
Take care and catch up soon.
Bxx (tractorgirl)

MelonDrama said...

Thanks Becs... Keep up the good work. Sorry to make you emulsional ;)
He is my favourite person in the world - now he thinks I don't need to lose any more weight. We'll see about that!

Lots of love,

Sleepy
xxx