Tuesday 17 April 2007

A Minor Incident - of the Chocolate Digestive Kind



"Blythe regretted using SuperGlue to attatch her false eyelashes"


Week 10
Weight: 12 stone 13lbs


Just a quick post as I’m a bit boring this week really. I am 12 stone something though so that makes up for just about anything ;)

I’m still on the liquids but I’m getting bored of them already. I have been making lovely smoothies again though. My favourite this week has been a banana, 2 peaches, a handful of strawberries and a strawberry yogurt. Stick it in a bowl and blitz until smooth … mmmmmmm. I think I’ll probably carry on making smoothies even when I’m on solids as it is such an easy way to eat a tonne of fruit. I have been finding that I’ve been getting quite tired during my walks so I’ve been drinking my smoothie about half an hour before I go and, boy, I’m like Billy bloody Whiz now.

I did have a chocolate digestive incident; actually it was an oat cake, mature cheddar cheese and onion chutney incident to be completely honest. Yep, it was over the weekend. Yep, it was late at night. And yep, I was watching the goggle box. Will I ever learn??? I really have to face up to the fact that I am a food addict and I have to work harder on controlling those nutty urges. Anyway, the band did its job. It stopped me from over-eating. Unfortunately the chocolate digestives were eaten first but, the oatcakes, now that was a whole different story. Normally I can eat them until they come out of my ears, especially before the fill. However, this time I only managed 2. I felt sick, properly nauseous and turned into the slime monster again but, I was over the moon. RESULT. This is exactly what I want the band to do :)

The other plus point is that I’m not actually hungry. I keep forgetting to eat when I’m busy at work, a totally new experience for me. Again, RESULT :)

I can’t wait for some Chilli tomorrow night … roll on the sloppies.

Onwards and downwards.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY!!!!
12 stone something... well done! I'm really really chuffed for you!
Onwards and downwards : )
Nx