Saturday 27 October 2007

Saturday Update


"Blythe realised there were only 2 months left 'till Christmas"


Well, this has been an up and down week again. My restriction is a daily changing entity. There seems no rhyme or reason to it. Chicken has been difficult again and I even managed to PB my smoothie. I have a student on placement with me at the moment and I had to endure the embarrassment of pulling the car over and 'sliming' at the side of the road.

I should realise that rushing makes me stressed and completely incapable of judging when enough's enough. It's a funny old world. Still I managed a Stirling effort with the over-eating of Cadbury's Roses. They were an unexpected thank-you gift - a large tin. I inputted the amount I'd scoffed onto the website I use and nearly fell over when I realised that the 25 sweeties I'd just eaten came in at an incredible 1700 calories. Bugger. Not quite sure what I expected but it was definitely under 800 cals. I clearly have a chocolate calorie delusion going on!

Roses aside, I have been a bit of a pig this week - not sure why, I'm never really sure why at the best of times. I suppose having a student shadowing your every move for 3 months is a bit of a strain. My boss is on holiday and I have been deputising in her absence. This is never a good move - I couldn't manage a piss-up in a brewery. Still only a week to go. Interestingly my weight loss has been quite significant this week - despite the pigging. I am now 11 stone 8lbs. Amazing. But, I am well aware that this is only possible due to me sticking to my exercise regime.

I am trying to not be so 'all or nothing' in my approach to exercise. It's really tricky for me but I am uncovering a few 'tricks' that seem to work. For instance I often fall fowl to intrusive thoughts regarding bingeing. These were always my downfall as I'd mither about what I was going to pig on and not be able to concentrate on anything else. One trick is to make myself drink one of my smoothies on the journey home. By the time I'm back the fruit's natural sugar seems to be kicking in and then I feel motivated to get changed and go for a walk. I am also practising the mantra, "something is better than nothing" where exercise is concerned. Ordinarily, when I am in a bingey mood I won't be motivated to exercise. Now, I tell myself that I only need to walk for half an hour and normally, by the time I'm back, the need to binge is lessened (although not always gone) and I feel pleased with myself for actually making it out. Another trick is not to have unrealistic aims - something which I am renowned for when it comes to my own weight control. I am limiting how much I am exercising and even enforcing a 'rest' day, this is quite difficult as I then have to limit my food intake much more dramatically to stick to the 1100 calories I am allowed without the exercise. Some days I do great, others not so great. But, hey, that's life I suppose.

So there we have it. Let's hope the mantra is still working next week ;)

Onwards and downwards.



No comments: