Thursday 22 February 2007

Some People ....



Check out explodingdog.com for some brilliant pictures like this

3 Weeks Post-Op


Just a quickie post today but it was something significant since having the band. It was one my favourite colleagues leaving do today. She is having a year off to have her first baby. We get on like a house on fire so I was in a real dilemma about going out for the lunch. She was worried that it might worry me, I was worried that she would be worried about me being worried about eating. You get the picture :)


So this lunch. It was at one of those fabulous ‘all you can eat’ buffets at a brilliant Chinese restaurant. My god it was a test of willpower. But, they had 3 different soups on offer so I had a little bowl of chicken and sweetcorn soup and a bowl of Chinese vegetable soup minus the vegetables (i.e. it was Chinese flavoured consommé). Unfortunately I had to sit next to a completely tactless colleague who stared at my soup and kept saying, “uurgh, it looks like jelly, I couldn’t eat that, eugh I hate soup, look at all those bits etc etc”. Now, I am a patient person. I am a tolerant person. But, how the daft moo didn’t end up wearing said soup is beyond me. I had already had to walk past all of the dim sum and starters. I’ll admit that I was tempted to quickly grab a rib, lick it and then chuck it under the table before anyone saw me. I almost sucked a prawn cracker but withheld. So to manoeuvre past those hurdles only to have someone passing judgement on my precious soup, well, I was a tad irritated to say the least. But, I took a deep breath and smiled sweetly. (I’ll be polishing my halo next).

The soup itself posed a problem. I had to filter off all of the sweetcorn and the chicken which took so long that everyone else had eaten all three courses. So, in that respect it was quite good. I felt like a whale filtering the sea for plankton :)


I went for a walk when I came home so I didn’t feel guilty at all about eating out. I also didn’t have any ill effects from the soup. And that’s all the news from my broadsheet today.


Pip, pip.

No comments: