Saturday 17 February 2007

Yipeeeeee

"Bless the scales, for today, I LOVE THEM"


Day 16 Post-Op


Weight: 14 stone 3lbs
Weight lost: 2 stones


Oh. My. God. I can’t believe that I have lost 2 stones. I feel like running up and down the street screaming. Probably best that I don’t as I’m only wearing my pyjamas and it’s just not the ‘done thing’ round here, lol. My neighbour complains if I cook with garlic, it’s far too exotic, they like “plain” foods. So parading up and down like a mad woman in my dotty pjs, proclaiming my weight loss, may get me ‘looks’.


I am a very happy bunny. Can you tell? I thought it might be helpful to give you a breakdown of what it is that I am eating and doing at the moment. Or it may just be boring. You decide :)


This is my routine:


8am: Home made fruit smoothie – 1 big glass.


10am: Home made fruit smoothie – 1 big glass.


12am: Home made soup. 2 big ladles full each serving.


3pm: Home made soup. As above.


5pm: 60 minute walk. Very brisk pace, up lots of hills.


6pm: Home made soup. As above.


8pm: Home made soup. As above.


10pm: Home made smoothie – 1 big glass, made with 400mls milk for protein.


My total calorie intake for the day is averaging 1200 calories.


In between all of this eating, I am consuming at least 2 litres of fruit tea and 1 litre of water. I have cut back on my ‘normal’ tea and have 1 small mug first thing in a morning.


I’ve also started to add lentils to my soups for extra protein as I prefer the soups to the smoothies. I guess the other bonus to this plan is that yes, I am still adhering to the liquid phase and allowing my tummy to heal properly, but also I am getting at least 5 portions of fruit and vegetables a day. Something that I struggled with before. It’s funny just how nice the soup always tastes. I think this is because it’s homemade and therefore using my personal favourite ingredients, and because I’m eating flap all else.


I am feeling a lot less anxious about over-eating at the moment. This is a bit of a first for me as, previously on diets, I would start obsessing about what I could and couldn’t eat. Despite being more restricted than I have been on diets, I feel strangely calm about it. I’m aware that I am being more organised than I ever have been in the past and that takes away some of the anxieties but, I also think that having something to eat scheduled in every 2 hours is acting a bit like a security blanket. I know that, whilst I’m awake, something tasty is not longer than 2 hours away.


My only blip has been with chocolate mousses. I bought a pack of 4 of the very low fat ones (70 calories per pot) and it proved that my bingeing urges are still there. I mixed them up in the pot until they were a smooth liquid (and therefore legitimate). I had one. I finished it and immediately wanted another. So I had another. Then, as soon as I had finished that, I had another. I had 3 of them in around 10 minutes. It took all my will power not to have the last one but I did manage it. I didn’t enjoy them at all as I felt so guilty about thinking about whether I would or wouldn’t have the next one. I think I can safely say that they are a trigger food. Must be all the sugar and sweeteners in them. So I am not buying any more. I know that seems harsh but its early days and I feel too vulnerable to even ‘go there’ with any bingeing.


I only have just under 2 more weeks on liquids and then I can have mushies. I’m feeling a bit nervous about it as I feel quite ‘safe’ with the soups. I’m just going to go with the flow and see how it goes. I will post the details of what the ‘mushie’ phase consists of nearer the time.


But for today, I am going to have a nice, ‘chilled’ day. I have some ‘Ugly Betty’ and ‘ER’ to catch up with and will go for a walk.


Groovy :)

No comments: